As the Founders have expressed in their Letter of Intent; we exist to be an Alliance where:
Jesus Christ is honored by joint fellowship of various Christian enthusiasts, off-road clubs, forums, and organizations, where:
- We can share information freely between the various enthusiasts, clubs, forums and association platforms.
- We can encourage enthusiasts, clubs, forums, and associations to fellowship and work towards joint evangelistic efforts.
- We can learn to use our God-given gifts in ministry, and pray for our brothers and sisters around the world.
- Encouragement and Christian community happens across the far distances that separate us.
In order to accomplish those vision goals, we also realize the need to share our joint statement of faith with those curious or needing further definition.
Because UCORA is a widely-held joint-interest amongst Christian Believers of several denominations--we major on the Fundamentals of the Faith--and agree that issues of doctrine of a secondary nature are best left to the discernment of the individual believer in concert with his or her selected local church. In the words of St. Augustine:
"In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, and in all things charity."
With that said:
- We believe in the God of the Bible, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; three seperate personages, yet One God, eternal, all-knowing, all-seeing, all-loving, all-powerful and Holy.
- We believe that God has revealed Himself to us through three primary means, the testimony of the Bible, the coming of Jesus Christ, and the testimony of truth found in our cosmos. All truth is God's truth and we rejoice every time we discover a new truth that reveals the glory of God.
- We believe that God was in perfect relationship with Himself in the persons of the Trinity in an eternal/timeless relationship; moreover, from a heart of love, He created this universe and populated it as He saw fit so as to bring about a loving relationship with His created order like He had with Himself in the Trinity.
- We believe that our enemies are sin, the flesh, and the devil, and that they work in concert to keep us from knowing and being known by God and, that these enemies contributed to our fall into sin and the breaking of our relationship with God and ourselves.
- We believe that mankind broke this perfect relationship with God and also that we have substituted many counterfeit or false types of relationships in order to try to dupicate the inital perfect relationship with the God that was lost in the Garden of Eden when we freely choose to sin against God.
- We believe that the term "sin" means our rebellion against God in whatever form that rebellion may take.
- We believe that God's perfect plan includes salvation of sinners through His own sacrifice in the person of Jesus Christ; born on earth of a Virgin named Mary, lived, ministered, did the miracles attributed to Him, and died on the Cross for our sins, all according to the Scriptures.
- We believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead on the third day, setting us free from our slavery to sin and death, and that the completed atoning salvation of Jesus Christ works fully to redeem us and restore us to a relationship with God and our fellow man.
- We believe that God's plan includes sharing this "good news" (of salvation in Jesus Christ) with others.
- We believe that all those that come to Christ are also part of His Church, and that the normal Christian life includes being a part of the Church of Jesus Christ in some form or fashion.
- We believe that God is using the church, also called the "Body of the Lord," "The Temple of the Lord," and "The Flock of the Lord," as His primary means of redemption in this world, and that it is the Chruch that one day will be the Bride of Christ.
- We believe that God would have us do good works in His name, not for purposes of earning merit with God, but from a heart of gratitude for what we have been given, and in imitation of God Himself, who gives good gifts.
- We believe that the Bible speaks to every area of life, and that it is a sure guidebook and an eternal testmimony to God's grace in our lives, framilies, and society.
- Finally, we believe that on a day of God's own choosing, that Jesus Christ will return to earth to gather His church to Himself. That day will either be blessed or terrible depending on one's attitude and beliefs while they walked here on this earth.